This scholarship honors Nestor R. Weigand, Jr. and Hobert C. Brady, two distinguished members of the Wichita Area Association of Realtors®, both of whom have served as presidents of the National Association. The scholarship was established in 1989 through a gift from Wichita Area Association of Realtors® (now the Realtors® of South Central Kansas). Scholarship applications are typically due by mid-February each year.
- One (1) scholarship will be awarded annually, preferably at the beginning of the fall semester, to a student enrolled full time at Wichita State University in the W. Frank Barton School of Business.
- No recipient will be excluded from consideration based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a veteran or disability.
- Recipient must be a U. S. citizen and a Kansas resident.
- Recipient must be a full time undergraduate student at the sophomore level or above.
- Recipient must be enrolled in a major with an emphasis in real estate and have a GPA of 2.5 or above.
- The recipient will be selected by a committee comprised of the President and Executive Vice President of the Wichita Area Association of Realtors and the director of the Center for Real Estate.
- In any given year, the selection committee may choose not to expend the full amount authorized by the WSU Foundation. At the committee’s option, and with the approval of the WSU Foundation, the unspent portion may be carried over and awarded the following year.
- The Scholarship Office, a department within the Division of Student Affairs of Wichita State University, will administer the scholarship and make the award based on the recommendation submitted by the selection committee referred to above.
- Award will be made for a one year period. Former recipients are not eligible to re-apply.
To apply for a real estate scholarship at WSU, visit the Barton School of Business home page and download the General Business School Scholarship Application form.