Kevin Polite was born and raised in Wichita, Kansas and received his bachelor’s in marketing from Wichita State University in 1985 and master’s in real estate and marketing from Georgia State University in 1997. While he has lived in Atlanta for more than 30 years, Wichita and WSU have always remained special places to him. He started his own real estate company, HausZwei Homes, in 2011.
By establishing this gift, he hopes to help pave the way for future generations of minority real estate entrepreneurs and professionals and encourage them to explore the vast and varied opportunities that are available in both commercial and residential real estate. Additionally, Kevin hopes his gift will instill and inspire the importance of paying it forward when and if you are able to. His generosity will strengthen opportunities for students in the W. Frank Barton School of Business through need-based scholarship support.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded annually to an undergraduate student(s) enrolled full or part time at Wichita State University in the W. Frank Barton School of Business pursuing a degree in real estate.
- No recipient will be excluded from consideration on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded to two students each academic year in the amount of $1,000 per student.
- Award(s) will be made with regard to financial need.
- Recipient(s) must meet and maintain the academic eligibility criteria determined by their college.
- All students are eligible to apply, but preference will be given to an African American real estate student(s).
- The Scholarship Office of Wichita State University will administer the scholarship(s) and make the award(s) based on the recommendation(s) submitted by the W. Frank Barton School of Business and the Center for Real Estate.
- The scholarship(s) may be not be automatically renewed but the current recipient(s) may re-apply.