New home construction activity is tracked by building permits issued by local permitting office. The U.S. Bureau of the Census surveys these offices to provide monthly estimates of permitting activity by state and metropolitan area. In addition, local groups such as the Wichita Area Builders Association often track and publish new home construction data.
New Residential Construction Data in Excel Format
- Census Residential Permits Data (3929 downloads)
- Manhattan Residential Permits Data (City of Manhattan Data) (2287 downloads)
- Wichita Single-Family Permits Data (WABA Data) (3158 downloads)
- Census data: U.S. Bureau of the Census Building Permits Survey
- Manhattan local market data: City of Manhattan
- Wichita local market data: Area permitting offices as compiled by the Wichita Area Builders Association