This annual scholarship was established in 2011 by noted real estate developer and WSU alumnus Stephen L. Clark in honor of his father and in order to support WSU students with a demonstrated interest in a commercial real estate career. The scholarship is awarded by Wichita State University in consultation with the Kansas CCIM Chapter, the preeminent group of commercial real estate practitioners in central Kansas. CCIM stands for Certified Commercial Investment Member, a premier designation for commercial real estate professionals. As a part of the scholarship, the recipient is encouraged to participate in the numerous events hosted by the Kansas CCIM Chapter. Scholarship applications are typically due by mid-February each year.
- One (1) scholarship will be awarded annually to a student enrolled preferably full time at Wichita State University, W. Frank Barton School of Business, Center for Real Estate.
- No recipient will be excluded from consideration based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a veteran or disability.
- Preference will be given to a student with demonstrated interest in a career in commercial real estate. Interest can be demonstrated by an emphasis in real estate, current employment in commercial real estate, participation in extracurricular activities related to commercial real estate (e.g., professional real estate student groups), or other evidence as may be provided by the applicant.
- The Kansas CCIM Chapter may present potential candidates for the scholarship. Such candidates must meet all other relevant guidelines in order to be considered for the award.
- Recipient will be at least a sophomore in standing. In rare instances, non-degree bound students may be considered for the award (e.g., a recent graduate who will be taking WSU real estate courses to further a career in commercial real estate).
- Grade point average and other measures of academic performance will be significant factors in selecting the recipient of the scholarship.
- The award will be given without regard to financial need.
- The recipient will be expected to participate in Kansas CCIM Chapter events during the term of this award.
- The WSU Center for Real Estate and the Kansas CCIM Chapter will issue a press release and/or other relevant publicity materials each year when the scholarship is awarded.
- The Scholarship Office, a department within the Division of Campus Life and University Relations of Wichita State University, will administer the scholarship and make the award based on the recommendation submitted by the W. Frank Barton School of Business.
- The scholarship will not be automatically renewed, but past recipients are welcome to reapply. An individual student may receive the scholarship no more than twice.