One of our goals at the Center for Real Estate is to help you better understand real estate market statistics. Here are answers for some of the more common questions we’ve received.
- What is the difference between “Contracts Written” and “Pending Sales”?
- How is “Days on Market” calculated?
- What is “Months’ Supply”?
- What is the difference between “Average” and “Median” figures?
- How does a Home Price Index (HPI) compare with the Median Sale Price?
- How is the Unemployment Rate calculated?
- What is the difference between “Employment” and the number of people “Employed”?
- How do you calculate “Industrial Employment”?
- How do you calculate “Office Employment”?
- How do you calculate “Retail Employment”?
- What are Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs)?
- What is Seasonal Adjustment?
- What is a “Moving Average”?
Submit a Question:
Do you have a question we don’t address here? Send it to us. We’ll do our best to answer it, and if we think others might be wondering the same thing, we’ll add it to our FAQs.